Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installing door wood trim piece

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
installing door wood trim piece

i am replacing my driver's door interior wood trim piece on my 1999 C43. i know how to get the door off, etc. my questions lies with the install of the trim piece itself ... i am assuming that it is a simple job ... just line it up, and slip on the metal clips. is this correct? or am i missing something? i just dont want to mess up the plastic pegs and then have to buy another trim piece.

thanks!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheaper than a benz...
you have to r&r the door panel and take it off completely...
the discs come off with care..use a sharp metal pic (like a dentists pic) and remove the discs...after i get the discs off i usually bend them (in the center), so when they go on the new trim piece so that they will hold
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by fixbenz
you have to r&r the door panel and take it off completely...
the discs come off with care..use a sharp metal pic (like a dentists pic) and remove the discs...after i get the discs off i usually bend them (in the center), so when they go on the new trim piece so that they will hold
cool, thanks for the info. question, tho ... can i just get new discs at the dealership? i went to a couple of hardware stores, and they didnt have that part, or anything similar.