Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 CLK - whining / humming noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:26 PM
ab3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK - whining / humming noise

My car has performed well for the last year. It is rock solid quiet inside however a chirping noise developed from under the hood in the last six months. I brought it in this week to the dealership. After they looked it over thorougly they finally fixed it by applying some felt tape around the firewall and also did some other things including looking at the heater box assembly and A/C. The tech rep thought it was a pulley issue but the actual mechanic who i talked to said it wasn't.

Anyway they said it was fixed but when they gave me the car back, the chirping was slightly worse! After a few minutes of warming up it seems to have gone away, but while driving away from the dealer I noticed something new and annoying - there is now a droning / whirring / whining / humming noise when I accelerate. It was definitely not there before. I hear it when I'm in neutral or driving, mostly in the interior of the vehicle. It sounds louder the more I push on the gas. What have they done to my once quiet CLK?

Thanks for any input.

AB3
Old 03-09-2007, 11:10 PM

cheaper than a benz...
sounds like the idler pulley...ive heard something similar to this
Old 03-10-2007, 07:14 AM

2006 E350
Originally Posted by fixbenz
sounds like the idler pulley...ive heard something similar to this
I have a 2006 E350, had simular noises, dealer replaced idler pully, no more noise.