Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got some check engine codes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A w124, w202, and a few bimmers
I got some check engine codes...

So, after not getting a response in the w202 forum, I thought I would post my codes here. Hopefully somebody out there can help me. I have a 2000 c230k.

P0105-Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction
P1519- Idle Air Control Valve Circuit Failure

Guys, I pretty much have no clue as to whats wrong. My car is idling like a truck, so I am inclined to think its an Idle Control Valve, but whenever I go looking for one on an autoparts website, there is no listing. Is there even an ICV? I was also thinking maybe an MAF, but I'm not sure.

PLEASE, PLEASE someone help me. I don't want to take my car to the mechanic. (My ego would suffer, haha)

Thanks so much in advance guys!
Zerodynamic
Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C250
The MAP is different than the MAF so I'm not sure that a Mass Air Flow sensor will help you out. This sound like a vacuum leak in the intake, possibly near or at the IAC valve. (Assuming there is one...) Might want to check all of the air/vacuum hoses leading to the intake manifold area for cracks or loose connections. Sorry to be vague, but I'm not familiar with the c230 series...
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by twowheelin
The MAP is different than the MAF so I'm not sure that a Mass Air Flow sensor will help you out. This sound like a vacuum leak in the intake, possibly near or at the IAC valve. (Assuming there is one...) Might want to check all of the air/vacuum hoses leading to the intake manifold area for cracks or loose connections. Sorry to be vague, but I'm not familiar with the c230 series...
Yay! Someone replied to me! Thanks!

So what is an MAP? I have never heard of it. When I get my shop manual in, I'll inspect the vaccum lines.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C250
MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure. It is a pressure sensor inside the manifold, closer to the cylinder ports. The MAF is the Mass Air Flow sensor and it measures the amount of air coming into the engine, (Grams/Min) usually just past (or in-board) of the air filter. MAP will generally be at a vacuum which should correlate with the engine RPM and, yeah, actually the MAF reading for air coming in... There could be something to the MAF being bad, but I'd get a code or something before buying one I think...
Old 03-12-2007, 10:21 PM

cheaper than a benz...
[QUOTE= PLEASE, PLEASE someone help me. I don't want to take my car to the mechanic. (My ego would suffer, haha)/QUOTE]

sometimes you just have to let your ego suffer and take it to a MB tech...

dont just start throwing parts at the problem..have someone look at it...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=fixbenz;2073326]
Originally Posted by PLEASE, PLEASE someone help me. I don't want to take my car to the mechanic. (My ego would suffer, haha)/QUOTE

sometimes you just have to let your ego suffer and take it to a MB tech...

dont just start throwing parts at the problem..have someone look at it...
Well, I am going to wait for my shop manual to come in.. if I can't figure it out, I'll have my buddy who is a BMW tech take a look at it... (he helps me maintain my other cars---all bimmers! flamesuit on) If that doesn't work.. well I guess I'll take it to my indy. I'll look at the vaccum lines, thanks guys!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 PM

cheaper than a benz...
it doesnt hurt to check the basics such as hoses, lines etc....you will be surprised on what you may find.. give it a try then let someone look at it