Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 c36 AMG rough idling and cuts out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 c36 AMG rough idling and cuts out

My 1995 c36 Amg has just developed an issue where it does not seem to want to idle comfortably (around 500 - 100 rpm) sometimes it sems to be ok but then you can be driving, pull up at the lights and it cuts out or even worse slow down to turn into a side street and it cuts out on the road. It still happens when the engine is up to temperature

About a month ago i had the head gaslet replaced and for about a week after the car started to do this for about a week but managed to correct itself and the problem went away, i just cannot figure out what it making this happen.

Any ideas?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
It could be due to so many things. First thought is that they failed to connect one of the vacuum or intake lines, so there is a pressure problem that is throwing things off. Alternatively, they could have made the right connections but one of the lines got cracked or split somewhere from being moved around while they worked on the car. Also has your wiring harness ever been replaced? If not, all of the movement could have cracked the brittle problematic insulation.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fixed

Just had it on diagnostics this morning turns out its the air flow meter, but at leat i know.

thanks for your help though