Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Looking for 2002 C320 fuel pump relay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Wagon
Exclamation Newbie Looking for location of 2002 C320 fuel pump relay

Hi all,

Just joined, (posted this already under W203)

I need help locating fuel pump relay on recently purchased 2002 C320 Wagon....

Car runs for a few seconds to a few minutes then quits (still able to crank but won't start. I replaced the CPS yesterday but it didn't help. I can hear the FP run prior to succesful start... Cannot hear it prior to no start.

Planning to get a new OBDII scanner this afternoon - but no problems are reported at the dash.

If someone can help me with the relay and fuse maps for this vehicle I'd really appreciate it.

Also would appreciate any links to online tech manual for this vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Update:

Still haven't got OBDII codes but I got further with symptoms/info over lunch....

- Fuel pump reads about 1.4 ohms between outermost terminals.

- With connector in place am seeing only millivolts across FP while key is on or while cranking.

- With connector removed... am getting 12V across Brown and Green/Black conductors (for short duration with key on; continuosly while cranking).

- By hot-wiring FP terminals directly to Bat the FP draws about 10A, sounds like it's running normally, and the car starts and runs fine.

Seems like I might have a high impedance either in the relay/fuse/supply or maybe in the harness to the FP.

Tried buzzing out between FP harness-connector and rear panel relays, but still can't figure out which relay it might be.

Last edited by epershouse; 05-07-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Updated Info