Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

euro mercedes in rhe US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 03:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Unhappy euro mercedes in rhe US?

i just recived my S500 from Germany where i bought it , i took it to register it, it passed all the DMV checks in CA but they asked for a smog check ,now to get it smoged the smog checks require some sort of a sticker to allow them to smog it. the only place around that i could get that sticker is a place in orange county,CA that he qoute me $15k to to the whole car conversion to the US S-class but i dont need the conversion all i need is that sticker to smog check it the register it. does any body have any idea of what shal i do????
Old 10-08-2002, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
To lighten your mood...

move to Illinois!

Sorry couldn't resist. Best of luck in getting it resolved.

P

P.S. Try posting this in the W203 forum... a bunch of members there tinker with their cars and are Californians - perhaps one of them knows a shop.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Contact AMERISPEC They Do Epa Work They Have Been In The Biz a Long time...They work on high End Cars
Sorry No Phone / Contact Info
Old 10-09-2002, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Re: euro mercedes in rhe US?

Originally posted by lorinzo20
i just recived my S500 from Germany where i bought it , i took it to register it, it passed all the DMV checks in CA but they asked for a smog check ,now to get it smoged the smog checks require some sort of a sticker to allow them to smog it. the only place around that i could get that sticker is a place in orange county,CA that he qoute me $15k to to the whole car conversion to the US S-class but i dont need the conversion all i need is that sticker to smog check it the register it. does any body have any idea of what shal i do????
What?!?! You imported a vehicle and were not told about the conversion? Sounds like you were taken advantage of... that really sucks!!

$15,000 sounds is the average rate for conversion.

G and K Automotive
Old 10-10-2002, 01:50 AM
Almost a Member!

ML320
i dont see any reason for the conversion especially when the car passed all DMV checks which means the DMV didnt require conversion , all they asked for is a smog check im pretty sure that my car will pass the smog but they wont let me smog it without some sort of a sticker ??

does anyone have any contact info to AMERISPEC because i cant find any info abou them ???

thanx

Last edited by lorinzo20; 10-10-2002 at 01:56 AM.