Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member has ?'s about w208 clk320!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
customized 1998 clk 320
Post New member has ?'s about w208 clk320!

Need some help here guys, First, my 98 clk320's passenger window will intermittently not work, at the same time the seat control and mirror will not operate on that door, Is there some sort of control unit or junction box that controls the power to all this that could be malfunctioning? Also I was told that this car has the BRABUS computer upgrade in it?? How can I tell? I have driven one other clk320 that was definately stock, and mine seems faster, Its still no 55, but this car runs good for a 6. It seems to build power all the way to redline, and I also read up on some stats for the car and they said 7 sec. 0-60, Ive timed mine several times and I swear its right at 6 sec. Also the car has a BRABUS emblem on it, and It is lowered, But still rides great, Not really sure the exact suspension that is on it though. The car also had 18 inch BRABUS wheels on it. But the funny thing is, It has a Carllson body kit on it? So far I LOVE the car, and at this point, I will have to buy another MB after this one. Another thing that is surprising about the car is that if the ASR switch is cut off, the tires will spin when you take off. From what Ive been reading about the 320, Its normally under powered. Im really curious how to pinpoint all that has been modified on this car. Any input will be appreciated. On another note, I have noticed that when you release either one of the front seats, shouldn't they move foward for ease of rear entry? 'cause mine don't. I wanna post some pics of this clk, people around here flip out when they see it. Ive had several (obviously MB illiterate) people think its a $100k car! (although I did replace the brabus 18's with chrome 20's) That probably helped fool people! Sorry about me rambling on about my car! Im just proud of my first MB! Please let me know if any of you can help me with my issues!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
i've seen a few cases where a weak battery will not allow the lower control panel controls work for about 30sec after starting the car due to low voltage in the system during startup. the LCP is also a common spill zone. maybe the previous owner dumped their latte in there. HTH