Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLK dies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 CLK320
CLK dies

While stopped at a traffic light, the car just died. Started right back up and no trouble for about 175 mostly highway miles. Filled it up, drove less than a mile home. The car was parked then driven less than a mile to the office. when my wife tried to start it, it wouldn't fire. She says the starter was turning but it wouldn't fire. While waiting for me to come over and pick her up, she kept trying and it finally started. She drove home with no problem.

My thought is bad gas. Any other ideas or experiences?

Thanks,
Dave
98 CLK 320
Old 10-16-2002, 12:44 PM

All of them, as much as I can...
This sort of thing happened to me on a 400E and the problem was the computer module controller. Better bring it in and have the dealer diagnose it. Mine started to die while on the road and that's pretty dangerous.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:05 PM

if it just cranks and cranks on its own without starting, sounds like a fuel delivery problem. If it starts and dies, sounds like a drive authorization problem. If it is drive authorization-try another key but if it is fuel delivery-id bet its a fuel pump