Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 C240 needs maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 A4 1.8TQ
02 C240 needs maintenance

Hey everyone, first time poster here But I have a bunch of questions...

I just bought an 02 C240 from a local auction and the car is incredible. However, whoever owned it before me didn't seem to keep up with too well so I think it needs a few things done to it to get it back to its original running condition. My question is, what are a few things I could do to get it back running nicely? I know almost next to nothing about cars, so please bare with me. I was figuring basic things like an oil change, replace the air filter etc. Thing is, I don't know what brand or whatever is best for either. If i were to take it to my local dealership, would they be able to take a look at the car and tell me everything it needs? I wouldn't be able to get everything done at once since money is limited, but at least if I had an idea on what I needed I could plan out when/what to get. Also, would it be cheaper to go to a local body shop as opposed to going directly to the dealer?

Aside from getting it back to normal condition, I was also considering a few upgrades. I wanted to put some new rims on it, maybe a grill, and some new headlights. I just don't know which parts would fit or what I need, so would anyone have a site that can give me this info or even that sells parts based on model? Thanks for any information/resources you can give me.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
You might want to go to thw W203 forum on here and start reading it. All your questions have been answered there. Some have even been stickied.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 A4 1.8TQ
Hmm, I have been reading through them but most of the talk seems like gibberish to me. I guess I'll take another look see what I can find. Thanks.