Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please get rid of the annoying bell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Please get rid of the annoying bell

Does anyone else who has a keyless-go option find the bell that sounds just about anytime you go near the car annoying? It starts dinging when the door is opened and when the car is put in park, then the door opened. Even if the trunk is opened the blasted thing starts. The problem is that it is the SAME bell that that indicates the headlights are in the "on" position. I usually leave the lights in the auto position but sometimes use the fog lights that only come on with the lights "on" so when exiting the car the bell is dinging either because the lights are on OR/AND because yer opening the door.

Anyone have a secret fix for this? Dealer had no answers on this just that it was not possible. I have found that if I push the up arrow on the left side of the steering wheel it silences it but I would like to eliminate it (I do not need to be reminded to take the key) or at least change the tone to distinguish the lights from the door.

Sorry so winded but man that thing is annoying.