Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech Man.......1981 300SD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1982 300 SD
Tech Man.......1981 300SD

Ok a few problems with the Car.... 1981 300 SD. 149,000 miles
one the car doesnt want to run in the mornings. it starts great and then i have to give it fuel to keep it running. once i have done all of that after a few minutes the car has an irregular idle and wants to go dead. the fuel is fine i have changed all filters and the fuel is clean and with additives. when the car warms up it runs great with no problems.....
next the Tranmission is shifter harder than normal and holding the last gear untill the motor is reving out of the frame. I just had the fuild changed and went on a long trip and now i have the problem...the fuild level is ok
Old 01-08-2002, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I really wish I could help you out, but in all honesty, I have little experience with older cars like yours. The cars I work on every day are from about '96 and up. The fuel filters were a good place to start, I've seen algae growth on them. Sorry I can't help more.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See website
Lightbulb 300sd help

there is an email forum that addresses alot of the issues around this and other 80's models....go to:

http://hsb.baylor.edu/html/easley/me.../mercedes.html

make sure you read the etiquette rules before posting, but it is a nice group and they are very informative....

-Patrick