Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof problem... the shade, not the roof itself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sunroof problem... the shade, not the roof itself

Here's a weird one for you. I have a 2002 C230K Coupe with the panoramic sunroof. I went out to my car for lunch today. It was decent out, so I figured I'd put the windows down and crack the roof. The windows went down fine, but when I pushed the roof switch up, nothing happened. I heard the motor try to move but the roof didn't open. So instead of pushing it up, I tried sliding it back -- it opened fine.

It's worth noting that I rarely close the shade -- it's usually always open. Anyhow, as I was driving along I figured I'd do a quick functionality check on the roof. I closed it by pulling the switch down, which worked. So I tried opening again by pushing up -- no luck, same issue as before. Again, I pushed the switch back and it cracked open. I pushed it back again and the roof started to open completely, but it kept stopping. I kept pushing the switch back until the roof was open all the way, then I closed it completely and closed the shade with it.

So next I decide to give it a try to see if its working right now. I pushed the roof switch all the way back to use the auto-open for the shade. It worked, but it stopped about 3 inches shy of where it usually stops. I then tried to open the roof by pushing the switch up, and it worked this time, but the shade stayed where it was.

I've tried resynching the roof and it has made no difference. The roof itself functions fine now, but the shade stops a few inches short of being fully open. I've tried giving the shade a gentle nudge but it had no effect. I've never had this problem before. I attached pics so you see what it looks like.

Any ideas or recommendations?
Attached Thumbnails Sunroof problem... the shade, not the roof itself-img00053.jpg   Sunroof problem... the shade, not the roof itself-img00056.jpg