Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecu Tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2007 | 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Ecu Tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok. You get an ecu tune... Does it take effect at that time? or do you have to drive the car to remap? any and all tunners welcome to answer... Would a key reset delete your tune? 2007 cls 63 car in question. Renntech, and all other tuners PLEASE give us your input. There is only one correct answer.. Does anYone know? WE WANT TO KNOW HOW KNOWS ECU TUNNING
Old 08-23-2007 | 01:58 AM

2008 CL63 AMG
Renntech ECU, header, ELM

Hey Boss,

I'm getting the ECU, headers and ELM done as well. In fact I think you're the person James told me about down here in San Diego. Suprised to see that you're having all these issues with the Renntech ECU tune. But then again, I have'nt seen or talked to a lot of people who have tunned up their CLS's or CL's.

Anyways, my CL is at Creative Autoworks and should be ready by tomorrow evening. He did mention that your exhaust note on your CLS sounds amazing. Maybe we can meet up at Creative Autoworks tomorrow or Friday morning.

Unfortunately Renntech did not complete the headers, so I will have to bring the car back in next Wed. Supposedly this is the very first set for the CL63AMG that will be out in the US. So I will "offically" be the first CL63AMG to have it!

I'll give you my feedback on the ECU tune after a few days of driving.

LG
Old 08-23-2007 | 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
You will have fun with the upgrades I did a key reset on my CLS63 thats what started my problems I have yet to find anyone that can answer any questions on ecu tunes as you can see from this post. not even Renntech. Lets try again, Question #1 " Does ECU tuning work the first time you start your car? or does it need to map? if needs to map , how many miles? I will call James , Maybe I can make it on Friday. Don't get me wrong the Upgrades are great just wish Renntech knew the answers.
Old 09-08-2007 | 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
You will have fun with the upgrades I did a key reset on my CLS63 thats what started my problems I have yet to find anyone that can answer any questions on ecu tunes as you can see from this post. not even Renntech. Lets try again, Question #1 " Does ECU tuning work the first time you start your car? or does it need to map? if needs to map , how many miles? I will call James , Maybe I can make it on Friday. Don't get me wrong the Upgrades are great just wish Renntech knew the answers.
Did you call Renntech corporate office in Florida? They were very helpful when I called.

Your question is two parts:

1. The performance part is the a/f at specific rpm and load (vacumn). This is not affected by a reset.
2. The second part is the shift points of the tranny. This is determined by the drivers driving pattern. Upon reset this sets to the default. It will then be relearned based upon a new set of drivers driving patterns.

I believe your concerns are that after the ecu and pulley upgrades everything was fine until you did a master reset. If this is correct, you may have a problem with either the new work or even maybe the IC pump or SC clutch.

Last edited by m_berman; 09-08-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spell
Old 09-13-2007 | 09:40 PM

Infinity G35, Nissan altima, Acura 3.2TL, Diamante Wagon, BMW 528I
Ecu tuning....

If you want answers about the renntech ecu tuning, you might want to give Euroelites in Fremont California a call. They specialize in performance tuning and accessories for MBZ. Give them a call and they would give you the answers you would need for your type of car. I believe the number is 510-770-8550.

-quest55