Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watchin' my baby roll away....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 MB CLK55
Watchin' my baby roll away....

.... is what I'll be doing soon. Flatbed is on it's way - first problem with her (save a minor rattle or two) & I need some consoling!

My '01 CLK55 just went belly up on me; pulling away from a stop light, felt like it was stuck in third gear. Pulled over, shut her off, restarted, all seemed well. No malfunctions shown. 200 yards down the road, the check engine light comes on. Pulled over again, restarted, no joy. Stuck in third gear, check engine light on - but still zero malfunctions.

Unrelated (I assume?) but interesting other problem. Got gas two days ago, auto shut off didn't, wound up with overfull tank. Fuel gauge was dead until I drove off a quarter tank, then seemed fine. Got gas noon time today, no over fill, but gauge only read 3/4 full after putting 15 gallons in. Ten minutes later, gauge popped up to full, seemed fine until tonight - while I was talking to the fine TeleAid folks, I was flipping through displays and settled on the fuel reading - and watched the display fluctuate up & down between 9.2 & 11.8 gallons. Weird.

Any thoughts on what went wacky?

Jim
MY01 CLK55
K2a, COMAND
Brilliant Silver/Charcoal-Grey
22,400 miles
Old 01-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that about your car..

Sounds like a computer malfunction. Hope it's an easy fix.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 CLK 430 Coupe
Sorry to hear of your problem. Hopefully all will turn out fine in a short amount of time. I know the sickening feeling you get watching you pride and joy be hauled away and sympathize with you.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Sorry Man

JKelly, sorry to read your plight. The fuel problem is most likely the sending unit - my E430 is in the shop as I write this, for same problem. I will not be surprised that the other problems are unrelated. I posted q Q several weeks ago about asking what would happen if one topped off during refueling, completely filling up the tank. I had several responses and those who knew what they were saying explained that it will definitely affect the workings of the electronic brain - car won't start, check engine light will come on, etc, etc. Just my 2 cents pal. Good luck.