Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 C300 doesn't roll freely

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
Question 2008 C300 doesn't roll freely

I got the car about a week ago and am bugged about the way it seems to have a slight drag at any speed. It seems I need to give it extra gas to counter it, as if the parking brake were slightly on, or the transmission was providing braking. Take my foot off the gas and I feel the car immediately start to slow instead of rolling freely. Service guy says its normal but I have to think it will result in poor gas milage. Does anyone have a similar experience?
Other than that I love that car.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002-C230k 2005-C230K-SS 2005 Infinity G35 2008-C350
Originally Posted by Dave2005
I got the car about a week ago and am bugged about the way it seems to have a slight drag at any speed. It seems I need to give it extra gas to counter it, as if the parking brake were slightly on, or the transmission was providing braking. Take my foot off the gas and I feel the car immediately start to slow instead of rolling freely. Service guy says its normal but I have to think it will result in poor gas milage. Does anyone have a similar experience?
Other than that I love that car.
I think I know what your saying, i kinda feel the same thing on my C350
I think its the rear brakes. Do you see more brakedust in the rear than the front?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
Brake dust

Hmmm. It may be heavier in the back. I had the car washed about 4 days ago. I'm a little surprised about the amount of brake dust on front and back given that I've only driven it a couple of hundred miles since it was washed. Of course I've never looked at it this close so maybe that is normal. I can feel the disk on the back brakes and it does seem to be slightly scored compared to the front. I'll bring it back to them for another look.