Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth contact list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 10:46 AM

SLK350 & ML550
Bluetooth contact list

I just got an ML550 with the Bluetooth puck and my first bluetooth phone (Motorola E385). I easily joined the phone to ML550 and all contacts & all their phone numbers are downloaded properly. Everything works. I can see/select each contact & phone number and place calls as desired.

The only issue is when there are multiple phone numbers for a contact. If contact "Joe" has 3 phone numbers (home, work & cell) using the "123" button on the Command screen shows 3 entries for "Joe":

Joe
Joe
Joe

This is OK but different from a typical cell phone which would show 1 entry for "Joe" with another lower level menu showing the home, work & cell phone numbers appropriately labeled.

With the ML550, the only real problem is that there are no labels or icons on the Command screen to identify which number is "Joe's" home vs cell vs work. All the entries simply say "Joe" but the selected entry does show the associated phone number.

Any ideas on how to fix/improve this?

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by joealbracht; 10-24-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2007 | 11:56 AM

CL500 and ML55
Maybe you can make seperate entries for Joe C - Joe H and Joe W ?
Just a thought...