Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 s500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 s500 4matic
Question 2004 s500

Just bought this car and the dealer's computer says "telephone removed". When I asked the dealer to check on the system in the car I was told that it was "after market". Can anyone help me with what I need to get the phone integrated with the keypad on the dash and the controls on the steering wheel? Thank you
Old 11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 232 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by lcicalese
Just bought this car and the dealer's computer says "telephone removed". When I asked the dealer to check on the system in the car I was told that it was "after market". Can anyone help me with what I need to get the phone integrated with the keypad on the dash and the controls on the steering wheel? Thank you
It's likely that the phone you have can't be integrated. If you're willing to get a new phone and then go the original-equipment route you need to do two things:
1) have the dealer install the phone "pre-wiring." This involves them installing some electronics in the trunk that allow the car's microphone and speaker and Teleaid amplifier and antenna to be used with a cellphone. They also install a "cradle mount." That's all about $1,500.
2) then you have to buy either a) a compatible phone plus its specific cradle. The phone goes into the cradle and the cradle goes into the cradle mount, or b) a bluetooth adapter that works with many bluetooth-capable phones, but doesn't charge the phone or use the car's antenna that you paid for in 1), or c) a "hybrid" bluetooth cradle that works with one kind of bluetooth phone but lets you plug in the phone when your reception is marginal and you need the antenna or when you want to charge the phone while using it. Or you can use it like b) and just keep the phone in your pocket.

The cradles, compatible phones and information are found at http://www.wireless4mb.com/ .

Just keep in mind that all the options they list for your car assume you've first had your aftermarket phone removed and replaced with the factory setup (the $1,500 one above).

Or you can stay with what you've got.