Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280 Sport
Fuel Injectors

I am going to replace the 6 fuel injectors in my 99C280 sport. Are there things I need to do or know about before taking on this project? I have done injectors on American cars and it was a easy project. My mechanic abilities are good so let me know if I need to be aware of problems. Thanks in advance. Next week I'll be doing the pug wires and plugs. Again Thanks for any input you can supply to me. Richie
Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 ML350
Just make sure you blow all the dirt and stuff away from the injector's before you pull the rail up.
Other than that is straight forward.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280 Sport
Thanks for the heads up. I figured I would take a high pressure air hose and blow off all the top of the engine before I started. Get all the loose crap off there before I started. I'm also going to replace the fuel pump and do a good cleaning of the fuel tube. Looks like a simple job. I am also going to add a can of "SeaFoam" to the gas tank B4 I do the work. Going to do it this Saturday so I'll add the SeaFoam on Thursday. Again Thanks