Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unknown Beep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe
Unknown Beep

I have a 2002 C230 Coupe with less than 50K miles
Had an inspection before I bought the car and everything was fine except the spark plugs.

Was driving home when there was construction at an intersection and apparently a big bump (with no sign whatsoever to warn you).

So I went 45 through this and cursed at it of course. Suddenly, while listening to the radio, it would have about a 5 second interval of beeps. After doing a few intervals, the radio would be muted and no sound would come out (not even the beeping).

At first I thought it was the whole Amber Alert thing, but after the intervals and the audio shutting off, I looked over at my panel screen and nothing came up of any problems known.

Looked through the forum and my books/manuals but couldn't find much except keyless beeps and seatbelt beeps - which I know its not. I was thinking maybe it had to do with the stabilizer or suspension, but its not displaying anything wrong.

I guess my question is: Is this something that I can over ride somehow to get my radio back or do I have to go through the dealer to get it checked?

Thank you so much for your information and help, I appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
The radio beeps if the casette door is open....don't know if it's related to your beep or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe
hmm... *checks*

doesn't seem to be....

I think its just weird that its beeping yet on my panel screen it won't even display what's wrong =(