Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problem? : Engine Stall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230
Question Electrical problem? : Engine Stall

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but have had my SLK for about 3 years. I'm running into an intermittent problem that maybe you guys may have some knowledge on. The other day I was at the carwash rinsing my car down, when the car just shutdown. At first I thought it might be a battery problem. I turned on the lights and radio and AC and everything was in working condition. But nothing would happen when I turned the key. The engine would not even attempt to crank. I eventually had my car towed to my Mercedez delership and they kept the car overnight. They had no idea what was wrong with it, but when they went to start the car, it started without any complaints. This was about 3 weeks ago and it's been working fine since. This car has had some history of misbehaving when wet. Sometimes after I wash it the roof will refuse to retract on it's own. Has anyone run into this problem? My mechanics are baffled as am I.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 PM

2000 SLK230
Cool SLK won't start

Hi,

When my 2000 SLK230 did that, the issue turned out to be the battery in my key fob. There was enough battery to cause the doors to unlock, the alarm to disarm, but not enough for the key code to read in the ignition. Two cheap batteries later and VOILA...more issue with it not cranking. I'd also look into the potential water leak problem you have. Is there any water on/near the PSE in the trunk? That'll wreak havoc on your SLK.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:34 PM

99 c43
stalling

replace k40 relay- if short test is performed, will note misfire codes
fuel injector codes etc.
hope that helps -parts couple hundred bucks