Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DST software update???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Question DST software update???

I have an 05 C240 and I'm just wondering, do the dealers have any way to update the DST settings so that the clocks summer/winter changeover feature will work again?

If so what kind of update is it referred to as? I'd like to know so they can't just brush me off and say it's impossible.

(For those who don't live in America, the geniuses decided to change when DST starts and ends, so the auto change over function in the car no longer works when it should.)

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, as long as I'm posting a thread about computer updates, does anyone know step by step how to enable "USA with buzzer" with the star computer? This is NOT neatherlands mode, it's an option on 05+ as I understand it that adds the beeps and lets you keep the panic feature.

Last edited by acr2001; 03-12-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
I don't know about updating the DST mode, however I did discover it can be turned on/off, therefore preventing it from changing the time per the old calendar version. I simply chose to turn mine off and manually change it myself every 6 months. I don't think it warrants a trip to the dealership and the time that would be involved, just to prevent me from having to spend 30 seconds doing it myself each time change. However, I'd be curious to see if they actually do have an update, just in case they could download it when I'm in for other warranty work.

Also, isn't the government considering changing it again to add another week or two of long daylight days? I thought I read that somewhere.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by JToups386
I don't know about updating the DST mode, however I did discover it can be turned on/off, therefore preventing it from changing the time per the old calendar version. I simply chose to turn mine off and manually change it myself every 6 months. I don't think it warrants a trip to the dealership and the time that would be involved, just to prevent me from having to spend 30 seconds doing it myself each time change. However, I'd be curious to see if they actually do have an update, just in case they could download it when I'm in for other warranty work.

Also, isn't the government considering changing it again to add another week or two of long daylight days? I thought I read that somewhere.
I was hoping to find out so I could add updating it to the list of things to have them do next time my car goes in for a warranty item.

I also have mine turned off at this point.

Are they really thinking of changing it again? Don't those monkeys realize that it costs probably millions for all of the computers, software, and other products in this country which will need to be updated AGAIN!?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500 AMG pkg
The beeping feature is enabled in the rear SAM when version coding country ( USA with buzzer) after setting, it will prompt volume level.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by brakel8
The beeping feature is enabled in the rear SAM when version coding country ( USA with buzzer) after setting, it will prompt volume level.
Thank you!!