Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

smart key question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
smart key question

Hello I just received my replacement smart key for my c32 amg. I have a few questions. I programmed the key by putting it into the ignition, putting it into on position, taking it out and then pressing the lock key.

When i press lock, it locks.
When i Press unlock, it unlocks.
When i hold the trunk key the trunk pops open.

How do i use the panic button? when i press it nothing happens, when i press and hold, nothing happens either.

Also i read that if you point the key at the driver door and you press and hold the unlock button all the windows open. Mine doesn't do that.

Also what is the black plastic piece on the driver door handle used for. Its next to the place where you insert the key.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 12:03 AM

ML500 AMG pkg
You might have 2 different problems. 1st: I suspect the alarm siren is bad therefore no panic signal, 2nd the infrared reciever in the door could be bad, it's common. Have it check out at the dealer, they can use a SDS to test the siren and see if the reciever is working.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:48 AM

2006 Aston Martin Vantage
The black piece next to the key hole is the infrared receiver. To open your windows, try pointing the key directly in front of it, about an inch or two away from it, then press and hold the unlock button for at least 5 seconds. If that doesn't work, try the passenger side. If that doesn't work, try the advice mentioned above about getting the infrared receiver checked out.