Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Display Fault, Visit Workshop (help!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Display Fault, Visit Workshop (help!!)

I have a problem with my UK W203. Its a 2004 (pre facelift) C180k Auto.

Recently in England we have had very strong winds, and my alarm has been going off fairly regularly. Today, my car has displayed an error message ("Display Fault, Visit Workshop"). I have the following symptoms:

The key buttons do not open / lock the car

The indicators (turn signals) do not work

When I press a button on the key, only the left hand side rear number plate light comes on, nothing else happens!

The alarm rocker button has a red flashing light which I haven't noticed before?

The fuel guage is at empty

The "range" option in the menu displays ---

My fuel cap door cannot be opened

The courtesy light does not come on when the door is opened (although it does when the key is pulled out!)

The hazard lights do not work

Despite the above, the car does seem to drive OK (bit not very safely!!). Radio, air con unit etc still seems to be working ok.

thanks,

Carl
Old 03-22-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500 AMG pkg
Sounds like the rear SAM has gone bad or ther is a short in the CAN system from a possible water leak. Check the fuse box cover for proper fitment and no water entry, also check the rear fuse box. If one of these components goes bad several things will stop working as it's all networked through CAN.