Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help quick!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLS63
Need some help quick!!!

My 2007 CLS63's engine shuts off intermittently while I am driving. It has happened while on the highway and even while making left hand turns. The car has become extremely dangerous for me to drive. Here's the thing though. I brought it to the dealer several times and all they do is check for fault codes, which there are none showing and drive it for about 14 to 21 miles and the problem can't be duplicated. Once I take it home and drive it for about 70 to 100 miles it starts happening to me. The engine just shuts off, but all the electronics remain active. Once I turn the key to off, it starts right back up when I crank it over. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! At this point I don't know what to do.....
Old 04-07-2008, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
CPS-crank position sensor ?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by CLS63JD
....At this point I don't know what to do.....
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/FL_law.html
Old 04-08-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
you have got to record it.

Originally Posted by CLS63JD
My 2007 CLS63's engine shuts off intermittently while I am driving. It has happened while on the highway and even while making left hand turns. The car has become extremely dangerous for me to drive. Here's the thing though. I brought it to the dealer several times and all they do is check for fault codes, which there are none showing and drive it for about 14 to 21 miles and the problem can't be duplicated. Once I take it home and drive it for about 70 to 100 miles it starts happening to me. The engine just shuts off, but all the electronics remain active. Once I turn the key to off, it starts right back up when I crank it over. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! At this point I don't know what to do.....
Get your video recorder and prove it to them.my S-500 had a bad EIS that was temp related,worked fine in san diego.but at temps below 34 degrees none of the electrical accessories worked.i used a recorder and put it on a dvd and took it to the dealer.the sa did not disclose the dvd to the techs until after they said could not duplicate,they watched the dvd and kept the car for ten days to finally isolate the EIS as the culprit.intermittent electrical is the hardest thing to find,cause you cant fix what isnt broken.you have got to give them somthing to prove to them that they cant release the car to you until repaired.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:26 PM

2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
It's not a lemon,it's simply a machine.

Originally Posted by mleskovar
This car isnt even close to being a lemon.it sounds as though it only has "1" mechanical flaw.it may be frustrating to deal with but it isnt a representation of quality/workmanship.just give the MB techs more to go on and i guaranty they will fix it at no cost to the owner and probably put him in a $50K loaner car while it is in the shop.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 PM

07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
I agree. Give the dealer more time to deal with it. Ask them if they can have a shop foreman drive it home and or put the 70-100 miles on it. Mention that you feel it is saftey related, but don't threaten with "lemon" yet. Threatening with buy-back automaticly puts a bad taste in peoples mouths.