Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Idle, Delayed Acceleraion With 2000 ML320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML320
Rough Idle, Delayed Acceleraion With 2000 ML320

Yes, as much as I hate to admit this, I am having a hard time getting the right solution for my SHAKING ML320!

This past weekend, my CEL went on and at the SAME time, I began experiencing a "Rough Idle" and "Rough" Acceleration at 15,000-20,000 RPM's.

I experience the troubles especially when:
1. Coming to a stop.
2. Accelerating from a stop.
3. In the "Drive" gear at a stop.

I have a Code Error: P0305 ("Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected")

Today I changed my spark plugs for Cylinder 5.

Yesterday, before changing them, I could not get the usually "Rev" and tough accereration when punching the gas. Today, I get the Rev, but at 45,000-50,000 RPM, there is an extremely DELAYED gear change.

My problems no longer exist when I am in "Park" and when I drive greater than 25 MPH and under 15,000 RPM's, but the above problems are still existing.

Even though traditionally a worn MAF would affect more than just ONE cylinder, I still cleaned it out with MAF cleaner and NO RESULTS!

So now I am left with these possibilities (however, in other posts, they don't seem to improve the situation with the "Rough Idle"):

1. Change Spark Plug Wires
2. Change Spark Plug Coils
3. Change O2 Sensor (But I still think it would affect more than 1 Cylinder)
4. Change Fuel Filter.

I am getting frustrated, I know this probably isn't as tough of a problem for the more knowledgable MB tech, but any direction to keep me away from the STEALERSHIP will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for understanding and for any assistance!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
Try swaping cylinder #5 coil and wires with other cylinders and see if the missfire follows the coil or wires. I see wires go bad a lot more than I have seen coils or plugs go bad.

p.s. You might want to edit the 15 thousand to 50 thousand rpm to 15 hundred to 5 thousand rpms, before you get "flamed".
Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300 (on order).. 03 Marauder.. 90 5.0
Try cleaning the IAT, using the same MAF cleaner.