Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 CLK55 window problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
2001 CLK55 window problem

My promblem is if I let the window go up automatically it goes to the top and the comes back down about three inches. If the door is open it works fine. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank's in advance
Old 05-08-2008, 05:43 PM

07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
Sounds like the window stop is broken. Check if, when the door is open, the window goes about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch past the seal/window guide at the triangle portion where the outside mirror is located. If so than the stop is probably broken.

Can't remember if the stop is part of the window itself or not on this car. It has been a while since I have seen this happen.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 PM

2001 clk55 AMG
Originally Posted by OLDSCHOOLRICE
Sounds like the window stop is broken. Check if, when the door is open, the window goes about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch past the seal/window guide at the triangle portion where the outside mirror is located. If so than the stop is probably broken.

Can't remember if the stop is part of the window itself or not on this car. It has been a while since I have seen this happen.
the window does go down a 1/4 inch when door opens. i will look into the window stop and see if that will fix my problem.

thanks for the info
Old 05-08-2008, 10:15 PM

07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
No, I meant roll the window up with the door open and check if the glass sticks up past the seal at the tip of the triangle portion.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
My promblem is if I let the window go up automatically it goes to the top and the comes back down about three inches. If the door is open it works fine. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank's in advance
It's a common issue with W208 CLK's - the window control module may need replacing. (3 replaced under warranty with mine)

You can try re-synching the window by raising the window by only going to the first click - let it close completely and hold for 1 second. This re-set can work in some cases.

Mine occaisonally does this every few months, but closing it without the auto-up feature and it will function normally the next time(s).