Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange knocking noise from the rear after the service visit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208
Unhappy Strange knocking noise from the rear after the service visit

I just replaced both front and rear discs/pads from the indep. shop I trust and my car makes this weird Knocking noise coming from both rear wheels ONLY when I am making a sharp turn going at a slow speed. I was able to hear the Knock....Knock....Knock coming from the rear wheels when the tech was making a turn and pulling the car back into the shop.
I have 19 Inch rims with 265x35 in the rear with Koni/H&R set up and I had no trouble rubbing, thumping noise or Knocking noise before the visit to the shop for discs/pads replacements. This sound doesn't appear when the car is on the lift. Ony when the cars on the ground with the full weight on the suspension and "ONLY" when making a sharp turn.
Tech checked all the components and doesn't think its an issue with new discs/pads. No knocking before the visit to the shop and now theres a knocking noise on turns with new discs/pad
Any Ideas??? I don't think its an e-brake or long bolt issues I've read since the knocking noise only comes when I am making a sharp turn at a slow speed.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:34 PM

W208
I forgot to mention. My cars 00 clk 430
Old 06-13-2008, 06:55 PM

W208
I just found out that the knocking noise appears only when I am turning left (Lets say I am making a full left U-Turn)
I don't hear any knocking noise if I am turning right
Old 06-14-2008, 05:24 PM

08' ML 320 CDI
Did you check for wheel bearing play its probably not it but if you say it wasn't there b4 you brought it in and now it is bring it back and tell them to fix it thats wat happens with our customers at our dealership if it wasn't something the tech did they should be able to tell you wat it is ecspecially since you just dropped some money in there shop hopefully things work out well
Old 06-15-2008, 10:12 PM

W208
Ok. Now I got this 2 mal. function message. ESP, BAS visit workshop!!!!!! When I turn off the ignition and started again, the messages dissapeared. What the hecks going on??
I will take the car back to the shop first thing in the morning tomorrow