Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 W124 2.8L Rough Running, other issues W/ VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Eclipse GST, 93 MB 300e
1993 W124 2.8L Rough Running, other issues W/ VIDEO

When we initially had gotten this car, it ran fine and very smooth. Shortly, the car would not start, and had it taken to an authorized MB tech. He was quick to find that the wiring harness was disintegrated and that the over voltage relay needed replacing. I was'nt ready to spend unnecessary amounts of money for the labor costs of these easy tasks, so i took the liberty of replacing them myself.

I do consider myself fairly knowledgeable on cars, and i believe my installs are all correct. Yet in the end the car still runs quite rough.

The car also tends to make a noticeable noise at initial startup. You should be able to hear this in the video.

Lets start with Video #1
This video will show how my car sounds at start up and how it reacts to gear positions
http://i11.photobucket.com/player.sw...7-VID00054.flv

Ive been having other electrical issues as well. These being non functionality of my turn signals and PS marker. Also my illumination does not activate with the designated wire on my aftermarket stereo (pioneer 6900ub) Where should this wire tap into? This is shown in Video #2.
http://i11.photobucket.com/player.sw...7-VID00055.flv

Other Questions:

How do you get to the warning buzzer (the annoying noise maker that turns on when you open the door). I would like to swap this with a 12VDC Chimer.

What to do with illumination wire?

Where is the diagnostics port? OBD1?

My coolant temp gauge doesnt read out, possible reasons?