Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NO Cruise Control (210)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320, 2007 Land Rover LR3 HSE, 2008 E350
NO Cruise Control (210)

a few days ago, i had the BAS/ABS/Brake Assist warning signal and i turned off the vehicle and restarted it by turning the steering wheel from lock-to-lock to reset/resync the brake light switch which solved that issue (no more BAS/ABS/Brake Assist warning signal); however, my cruise control no longer works! after reading a few threads from both mbworld and benzworld, i did replace my battery since i had a midtronic battery test which resulted in a low CCA reading - my buddy who was once a benz tech did replace my battery which seemed pretty easy and he resync'd all the electronics (e.g. sunroof, seats, radio, etc), but, much to my chagrin... i still have no cruise control!

any other suggestion that may cause a faulty cruise control or that may cause the cruise control not to engage?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
Originally Posted by victorylap
a few days ago, i had the BAS/ABS/Brake Assist warning signal and i turned off the vehicle and restarted it by turning the steering wheel from lock-to-lock to reset/resync the brake light switch which solved that issue (no more BAS/ABS/Brake Assist warning signal); however, my cruise control no longer works! after reading a few threads from both mbworld and benzworld, i did replace my battery since i had a midtronic battery test which resulted in a low CCA reading - my buddy who was once a benz tech did replace my battery which seemed pretty easy and he resync'd all the electronics (e.g. sunroof, seats, radio, etc), but, much to my chagrin... i still have no cruise control!

any other suggestion that may cause a faulty cruise control or that may cause the cruise control not to engage?
Could be a faulty Brake Light Switch. This has been a common problem on the ML's.