Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parktronics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r350
parktronics

Hello!
I am new so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area.
I leased a 2008 R350 in March and within the first week the parktronics stopped working. It would flash red lights and then turn off by itself. It seems like it would stop working in the heat, once it reaches 75 degrees. I didn't bring it in right away because I was told to hold on to all problems until it's closest to 3,000 miles for when I bring it in for it's first service. I have also scratched it parking in a really tight spot when the sensors werent' working. I brought to the dealership last week and they kept the car for two nights and said they replaced a part. However, it stopped working again the very next day after I got it. I'm a little frustrated, it's a very long car and I rely on the sensors.
Any suggestions? opinions?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
practice parallel parking

no pun intended but you are relying really heavy upon the system.MB tries to develop systems that "pamper" us with sophistication.parktronics will never be as accurate as an aviation auto pilot because it dosent control the vehicle,it simply gives visual/audibal warnings and counts on you to have sufficient skill to negotiate the situation or abandon it for another one.im not hacking on you or parktronics.it is a great system and is a useful tool but i would not trust it to keep me from bumping into things.oh yea,i hope the dealer gets it up and running so it will at least do what it's supposed to do.it is a sought after option.

Last edited by AH1W-COBRA; 07-25-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: addtext
Old 07-26-2008, 02:08 AM

1999 E55 AMG
Just keep taking it back!! The car is brand new and your leasing it, there is no excuse for the dealer or leasing company not to rectify the problem. It would really irritate me to drive a brand new car that had something not working.

Best of luck and in the mean time, avoid tight spaces!!

Geo
Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 PM

r350
Thank you

Thanks, you guys. I'll take it again and see if they can fix it.
Peace