Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 CLK500 Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
04 CLK500 Wiper Problem

Greetings All.

Hope you are all having a fantastic day.

It is raining hard in Toronto and wouldn't you figure my wipers just stop working.

The Problem
I was leaving work the other day and my wipers went on for no reason whatsoever (I leave it on the 'on' position normally b/c I forget to turn them off with the rain sensor and all) so I switched them off. Later that day I tried to turn them on again, with no luck, not even the washer fluid would spray. Later on in the evening they went on again, so I figured they were ok.

Went to turn them on today and same problem, they just will not turn on, niether will the washer fluid spray.

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Again CLK 500 2004.

Thanks in advance.

Firebenz
Old 08-09-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550; 2003 E500
Try to turn signal (left or right) and see if the wipers turn on - it worked for me sometimes. I had a problem with my stalk (turn signal) switch in my e500. I replaced it myself and it was fine. I looked at the wiring on the old stalk switch, and it was burnt and broken at an exposed point. I guess they tried to save some euros by using cheap wiring. The new stalk did have thicker gauge wiring.

If this ends up being your problem, you will need to remove the steering wheel. Search the forums for old threads for help and be very careful about the airbags.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Gave your suggetion a try, sadly, no luck. The wipers or the washer fluid are still not working. Thanks for trying.