Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do I Remove The Chrome Bumper Molding on a 2006 CLK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK350 Convertible
How Do I Remove The Chrome Bumper Molding on a 2006 CLK?

I just bought a 2006 CLK350 Convertible and I have a damaged piece of the plastic chrome molding around the rear bumper. I bought the replacement piece from MB and already have it. The rear bumper chrome molding consists of three pieces. The Center and a right and left piece. I need to know if anyone has removed the left piece before or if you know how. There are little tabs with wings that look like they either snap into a hole or slide into a channel. Don't want to damage the track or slots removing it. I have included a link to a picture of the piece on the car that I need to remove. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please note I am only replacing the chrome strip that clips into the bumper.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/259609-how-do-i-remove-chrome-bumper-molding-2006-clk.html
Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK350 Convertible
So Simple!

Well, I got brave and gently pried the end of the strip up with a nylon pry tool and the tab at the end popped out. I was then able to slide the chrome strip back and completely out. The new one snapped back in to place in about 10 seconds. Problem solved!