Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAN Bus Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008 | 01:37 PM

CLK350
CAN Bus Project

I've been experimenting with the CAN-B bus on my 2007 CLK350. The purpose was just to learn a little more about the CAN bus and what is distributively controlled and how to "talk" to different systems on the "slow" speed bus, it is 83kbs. I learn a lot more about my car this way.

This is posted in this forum because most of the AV systems are on the CAN-B bus (as well as the MOST bus) and it seems the most appropriate. But there are other systems on that bus, too.

I haven't finished experimenting yet, but I wrote up some of the details for others who may have some curiosity. Details include some of the CAN ID's (PIDS) for some of the systems, like steering wheel, door locks, windows, etc. If you are interested in some of these bus details and how to do this yourself, this may be an interesting read for you.

Fair disclosure: If you do venture into this territory, be it forewarned that you may damage some of the systems, however I have not found any system that sensitive at this point.

http://www.honeysoftware.net/canproject.shtml
Old 09-29-2008 | 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
Great stuff. A real 'computer geek' effort. Basically this is what the SDS reads. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-05-2008 | 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
A great effort to allow car guys greater understanding of their vehicles. I personally have wanted to toss various engine sensor readings into the MFD. I tried to download your software, but this being the Holloween season playful spooks have interrupted the tour with a 404 at:

http://www.honeysoftware.net/files/can232hsw.zip

The images are also missing from the page you posted, being "beecan interface" and "the beecannav interface."
Old 06-02-2012 | 09:35 PM

W245 B-Class
Hello, congratulations for the project, I would log the command of can-bus that allows the closing of all windows of the car, when you press the recirculating in the air conditioning unit for more than 3-5 seconds.
I would like to create a circuit capable of emulating this command when its input is sent to a voltage or a voltage fails. This project would close all the windows of the car when it is closed by the remote control, eliminating the problem of being press-button on the remote infrared sensor directed towards the handle of the driver.
If someone can aitare in this project would be very happy.
thanks