Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 SL500 backrest wont tilt?!?!?HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sl500R
2003 SL500 backrest wont tilt?!?!?HELP!!

Hey guys,

I just bought an '03 SL500 with 49,000kms, and when I press the button on the door to recline the backrest, all it does is just move the entire seat forward......is there some sort of function that I dont know about? The buttons on top of the seat (the ones used to slide the seat forward\backward to facilitate loading of parcils) doesn't seem to work either?? Am i doing something wrong? At forst I thought maybe the motor was blown in the seat, but it cant be since the seat tilts forward. once I've tilted it completely forward, then I try to recline it, and it does recline(tilt) the seat back but only to a 90degree angle???? Since I'm a tall guy I would like to recline it to at least 70degrees or so.....

Can anybody help? Has anybody else had this problem?

thanks!!!

Nick
Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1965 continental
Originally Posted by mtlbenz
Hey guys,

I just bought an '03 SL500 with 49,000kms, and when I press the button on the door to recline the backrest, all it does is just move the entire seat forward......is there some sort of function that I dont know about? The buttons on top of the seat (the ones used to slide the seat forward\backward to facilitate loading of parcils) doesn't seem to work either?? Am i doing something wrong? At forst I thought maybe the motor was blown in the seat, but it cant be since the seat tilts forward. once I've tilted it completely forward, then I try to recline it, and it does recline(tilt) the seat back but only to a 90degree angle???? Since I'm a tall guy I would like to recline it to at least 70degrees or so.....

Can anybody help? Has anybody else had this problem?

thanks!!!

Nick
Sounds to me like the battery may have gone dead, and the seat needs to be renormalized. Move hte seat all the way forward and try again. (cushion no the backrest.)