Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Problem and Sunroof! Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Door Problem and Sunroof! Please help!

I'm having issues with one of the rear doors on my 2002 C320. I noticed the other day that the lock was broke, the black pin that sticks up came out. You can open the door from the inside with no problems, but it has issues when opening from the outside. Sometimes it will open, but most of the time it wont, it just opens about half an inch and stops.

My sunroof just stopped working as well. I use to be able to push and hold the button and it open all the way. Now when I push the button for it to open, it just moves about 2 inches then stops, I push it again and the same thing happens. I keep doing this till its all the way open. But, if I hold the button down to close it, it kinda works, but doesnt stop until it closes then the back elevates.

Any ideas on what is causing these problems?!

Thanks, Blake
Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 C320
Originally Posted by Hayezb
I'm having issues with one of the rear doors on my 2002 C320. I noticed the other day that the lock was broke, the black pin that sticks up came out. You can open the door from the inside with no problems, but it has issues when opening from the outside. Sometimes it will open, but most of the time it wont, it just opens about half an inch and stops.

My sunroof just stopped working as well. I use to be able to push and hold the button and it open all the way. Now when I push the button for it to open, it just moves about 2 inches then stops, I push it again and the same thing happens. I keep doing this till its all the way open. But, if I hold the button down to close it, it kinda works, but doesnt stop until it closes then the back elevates.

Any ideas on what is causing these problems?!

Thanks, Blake
As for the sunroof, you need to re-sync it. This is explained in your owners book that came with the car. If you don't have that, I believe you push in and hold it to the open position, then push in and hold it in to the close position and it should be re-sync'ed. As for your door, no idea, sorry.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Sounds like you need a new door lock.

203-730-03-35 driver
203-730-04-35 passanger

$104.00