Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes radio/dvd/navi Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-Class
Unhappy Mercedes radio/dvd/navi Screen

Okay, I got a 2006 mercedes-benz and before 1 month the screen which is used to operate the radio and to listen to music and for navigation and dvd stopped working.

How do i know that? because everytime i switch it on it gets stuck on the startup screen and than it goes blank and doesnt work.

When that happened i took it to the dealer and the reason why i didnt get it fixed with them is because it cost too much. However i was told by them that this can be fixed easily because the reason this is happenening is because the telephone has caused this.

Now my question is, does anyone know how to fix that or why has this happened to my car and if there is anything i can do? thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by spluse
Okay, I got a 2006 mercedes-benz and before 1 month the screen which is used to operate the radio and to listen to music and for navigation and dvd stopped working.

How do i know that? because everytime i switch it on it gets stuck on the startup screen and than it goes blank and doesnt work.

When that happened i took it to the dealer and the reason why i didnt get it fixed with them is because it cost too much. However i was told by them that this can be fixed easily because the reason this is happenening is because the telephone has caused this.

Now my question is, does anyone know how to fix that or why has this happened to my car and if there is anything i can do? thanks in advance!
Your fiber optic ring is open somewhere. Probably where the phone system is (was?) connected. You need to find out where the ring is open and reconnect it. This is a very simple fix. Your useless stealership should have been able to fix it with 30 minutes or less labor. My stealership is just as bad if it makes you feel any better.