Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock door Problems, Cold Time, EZS!? - Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:38 PM
ypt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203
Unlock door Problems, Cold Time, EZS!? - Help!

Hello guys, im from Portugal, dont know if iam posting my thread in wrong section, i hope not!

iam having a problem in my uncles W203 C220 CDI automatic from 2001.

So, the problem is:
In the morning with cold wheater, the car just dont unlock... but if i open it with the metal key, sometimes i can start the engine and get the car runing, other sometimes, just canot start the engine...

Tried with the 2 keys, but without sucess.
Keys battery replaced, but again without sucess.

It happens when i park the car out of garage, and if it is very cold time!
(after it open one time, or get the engine started, i can turn off, turn on, close, open, without any problem...its just on the first time of an cold day morning)

If i have the car parked inside the garage, i do not have any problem, it unlocks and works fine...

I have go to the MB dealer here at lisbon, and they have checked the car, and says the EZS/ignition module needs to be replaced...

They said have tested with new antenna amplifier and the problem on cold dont have solved...

My question is, i will have any other way to solve this!?

The dealer have asked to fix it arround $1000...

I have an BMW E46 320d too, and in the BMW's we have simillar problem, in cold times to unlock the doors, in BMW dealer they replace and recode a new ZKE (central looking Module) and the problem is fixed... but we have founded another solution, is replace the main relays of the ZKE module, and the problem is fixed too...
This is the way, we (BMW fans) have founded to save some money (replacing just the relays, like in the photo i will post here), because in the BMW dealer, they just install new ZKE module...

the BMW ZKE module Pics to show the relays im talking about...

So, iam asking, and searching, if here, on MB cars World (that iam new here) we have any solution to fix my uncles problem without replace the EZS module!!?

Or just have to park everytimes the car on the garage

is there any electrical scheme or photos of that MB W203 EZS module!?

Thanks in advance!!

I hope you guys understand my "bad" english.. im not very good writing english!!