Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen Sensors, MAF, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
Oxygen Sensors, MAF, etc

Hey everyone,

My car is in the shop (again) this time it's for an ABC related problem. The rep told me that it "supposed" to happen every 4 years...the hydraulic pump/valve or something was leaking. Anyway, the warning sign came on and the car dropped and not being driveable so I had to get it towed. Anyway, long story short, $1800.

My question pertains to the subject--oxygen sensors, MAF (mass air flow sensor also called mass air meter, and other related parts. Are these considered "wear and tear"? These seem to be the most adamant and reoccurring problems in addition to the ignition coil pack and spark plugs (which I know are wear and tear). Also, what exactly are Air Fuel Ratio Sensor, Air Induction System, Air Pump, Anti-Knock Sensor? The reason I ask is because I debating on purchasing another extended warranty and they had an option of emissions coverage. I wanted to make sure I had the terminology correct before I bought it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohammed