Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLK 230KOM Engine not run smooth ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK W208
CLK 230KOM Engine not run smooth ...

Hi there, sorry I'm new here also now too much good in english.

I'm now using CLK W208 2001 and have problem with it and need suggestion, I found my car stop during drive and can restart but after some time it can't start anymore and need it to cool down before restart again.

When using VeDis checking it found AirMass control problem then while clear error code then care running smoth on idel but after get drive then car stop again and show air mass control error again. I already buy a part from Bosch and replace it but now engine didn't run smoth and seem error show too much air now I don't know what to do?

Thank
Old 04-08-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09' E320
The ECU (computer) needs to re-adapt itself to the new MAF/AMM. It will do so automatically after 30-50miles of driving.

If the engine shuts off while driving (typically, with no codes) and always starts again after it cools off (15-60 minutes), consider the Crank Position Sensor.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by TMAllison
The ECU (computer) needs to re-adapt itself to the new MAF/AMM. It will do so automatically after 30-50miles of driving.

If the engine shuts off while driving (typically, with no codes) and always starts again after it cools off (15-60 minutes), consider the Crank Position Sensor.
Thank you I will try anyway there something I don't unserstand
1. When Engine idel, car run smooth with old Airmass Control but while runing there some thing happen car not rum smooth (shake) and stop. at first time of restart car can start normally but give htere some sec then car stop and can't start again so this is still problem with Crank Position Sensor?
2. When Replace Airmass then engine didn't run smooth and shake but don't stopm when using equipment to check with ECU then it's show too much air? Don't know why.

so now I rather think that there are not problem with Airmass now since the old airmass can be run smooth on idel but can't drive but new airmass are alway shake.

so do you still think it will be ok after runing sometime?