Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 Dynamic/Pulse seat not functioning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55 AMG, ML320
W211 Dynamic/Pulse seat not functioning

This morning on my way out to the office, I went to turn on my dynamic seats and was noticing that the side of the seats was not holding me in when i was turning. Alright then shut off the car then turned it back on, went to press the Pulse button, pressed it, red solid light and few seconds later, it starts blinking and light goes out. same thing for the passenger seat. Dont know why the Dynamic seats wont work and the Pulse.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
Probably a leak in one of the air bags or lines
Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suby
line leak underneath the seat causes the pump to shut down as protection for the pump. otherwise it will run at 100 percent and burn up the pump. either the pump is burned up and there is a line leaking, or the pump hasnt burned up yet.

the trick is to turn the car on and put ure head underneath the seat and turn on the pulse dampaner, you should hear a small hiss noise. alot of times the main line leading to the seat gets kinked and breaks at the point were it comes through the carpet. you have to r&r the seat thats affected and insert a rubber line over the break to fix it.

on the newer cl and s classes when this happens its usualy the seat bolsters that go out and the seat has to be dissasembled and the bolsters have to be replaced.