Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory seats, explained?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Memory seats, explained?

Can one of you techs explain how the memory seats work with the Smart Keys in the C-sedans/Coupe?

I'd like to know whether the 1-2-3 positions are actually stored on the key, or in the car, for example. What gets stored on the key? How does a manual adjustment to the seat relate to key storage? Which has priority? How do the two keys interrelate (if they do at all). Is there a way to deprogram your Smart Keys and start over? Or deprogram the car's storage? Does the car memory storage make it impossible to start over? How does memory work with "Easy Entry" settings? Should the seat retract from any stored setting, it doesn't appear to if the seat is far back to begin with, Etc.?

I like my memory seats, but I simply don't understand "who's on first" with the storage/retrieval logic.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
I'm sure that MBTech208 is not the ONLY person who can explain some of these issues. Someone, anyone, please?