Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct dyno procedure for 7spd automatic (722.906)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350
Correct dyno procedure for 7spd automatic (722.906)?

Has anyone dyno'd their 7spd automatic 722.906? I have a 2005 SLK350 automatic. I've got K&N filters, Supersprint headers/cats/catback exhaust, and TTP ECU upgrade. Apparently leaving it in drive and getting it up to 4th gear isn't correct way. So after browsing around the forums, I had the shop try switching it into manual mode, set it to 4th gear, and then do a pull above 3500rpms. That seemed to be the right path since the dyno graph was a lot smoother instead of jumping around crazily like before. Dyno mode is enabled. Is the shop doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my car? When we tried manual mode, it was a somewhat consistent 191.8hp (I forget the torque). When we tried auto mode in the past, the numbers were all over the place from low/mid 100s to 220s. I know the SLK is rated at 268hp and 258lb-ft of torque but what should I be expecting at the wheels? Thanks in advance.