Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP URGENTLY!!ABS/BAS/ESP WARNING LIGHTS & WITH SHIFTER STUCK ON PARK, THANKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
NEED HELP URGENTLY!!ABS/BAS/ESP WARNING LIGHTS & WITH SHIFTER STUCK ON PARK, THANKS

I have a 2004 CLK 320 , I was changing my head light bulbs last night and all the sudden, I noticed ABS/BAS/ESP/Brake wear and check engine warning lights were lit up on my instrument cluster. Also, the car stuck in park and cant move the shifter at all.

I have done some research on the forum, and says its the brake switch need to be replaced. So I went to the local mercedes stealer to buy the brake switch for our car. But i was told by the part dept. The CLK doesnt have the brake switch and it uses pressure switch and cost about $140. Since i am still don't know what the problem is, So i decided to come back to do some more research and ask people from this forum.

Please help as I really don't want to spend too much to get this sorted out. could it be the pressure switch?Also, is there a unlock shifter hole in our CLK,?so at least I can drive it to the shop Anyone else with this problem and what was the end result? Please kindly advise, Thank