Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick Of It!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily - CL600
Angry Sick Of It!

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 CL600 and I am so sick of this factory computer system I can't even tell you.

Is there anyway to just cut through all its BS so I can install any aftermarket alarm/starter system I want?

I don't care if it costs way more than that $1k keyless remote starter thing I've seen being sold either. I'd pay twice that just not to have to fool around with anything MB exclusive ever again.

Later,
Tom
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I am guessing you want to get rid of the drive authorization system? I doubt it... MB has spent a lot of engineering on making it so no one can bypass it. Why does it bother you if I may ask? The only people that have a lot of knowledge with this system is mid city and I doubt they would put the time/engineering needed to turn the car into something it's not a virtually unjackable car. I would tell you to just buy their remote start system, but I think you already know about it.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:12 AM

Daily - CL600
It's just annoying as hell to have no control over the direction of how my own car is programmed.

I feel like I can't unlock my iPhone & now I'm stuck in some lame contract with AT&T.

(Hell I can't even adjust its network connection settings much less unlock it!)

What a PITA... I can't believe other MB owners don't mind dealing with this BS.

Later,
Tom

Last edited by Tom Sederburg; 10-20-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Heh well if you would like to unlock your iphone I would suggest you start by looking here.

http://modmyi.com/forums/jailbreak-d...ing-upgrading/

I haven't unlocked one in a long time, but I never had an issue before. With the contract can't help ya there I am on the same boat. I don't know what settings you are trying to change, but I have seen the 3G's do allow you to switch over to edge in the settings menu. I don't have an iphone, but I never use 3G because it has poor coverage and it drains the battery faster.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 AM

Daily - CL600
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Heh well if you would like to unlock your iphone I would suggest you start by looking here.

http://modmyi.com/forums/jailbreak-d...ing-upgrading/

I haven't unlocked one in a long time, but I never had an issue before. With the contract can't help ya there I am on the same boat. I don't know what settings you are trying to change, but I have seen the 3G's do allow you to switch over to edge in the settings menu. I don't have an iphone, but I never use 3G because it has poor coverage and it drains the battery faster.
3G iPhone?

Dude that was just a metaphor. lol

If anything I have an iPhone w215. (CL600)

Later,
Tom