Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warranty question

I reported a problem when the care was under warranty like 40k miles ago, and 2 or so years ago. The problem is the control arm bushings. The problem wasn't fixed when i took it in. They told me that that sound is normal. I am always busy and too innattentative to follow up. I used to work and go to school. now I only go to school. also i only notice this when i have the windows down. Is there anything that i can do because the dealer didn't fix this problem when my car was under warranty. This issue is in the complaint report because that's why i took the car in to get service.

also, separate issue, when I brake it makes a crunchy noise, i have new pads and rotors like 3 months use. i had this issue before the brake change.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550; 2003 E500
That is a long time to wait. Even if they changed it then and the new part went bad again now, they would turn you away because the part has only a 1 year warranty. You should try and go back to the dealership to see what they will say - maybe they will give you a break. If not, you are stuck.

As for your brake problem, you need to tell us what kind of car you have.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by MercFiveHundred
That is a long time to wait. Even if they changed it then and the new part went bad again now, they would turn you away because the part has only a 1 year warranty. You should try and go back to the dealership to see what they will say - maybe they will give you a break. If not, you are stuck.

As for your brake problem, you need to tell us what kind of car you have.
i have an e320 2003, and they never repaired the part. In fact I remember when i first got the car i had to change the tires because even though they had a lot of thread, it was uneven. And I have changed the tires a few times already, and now it's still forming uneven wear. I'm not talking about the inside more and outside more. I mean up, down, up , down.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 AM

07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
I think he's saying hypothetically if they had changed them the first time, 40k and 2 years is enough mileage and time for the new ones to become worn.

I have to say that unless you're a good customer who spends a decent amount of money at the dealer, it's highly unlikely that the dealer will repair them for free now. However, it is worth going into the same dealer and letting your service advisor know about the first time you complained and asking if they can help you out. Don't go in there with the attitude that they owe you something, because that will make them less willing to help you.

As far as your tires being worn unevenly, it is possible that this issue is being caused by alignment being out in other areas. I would mention the uneven tire wear to your advisor and get a full alignment.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550; 2003 E500
For your brakes, you need to be more specific on where the noise is coming from. From the brakes/brake pedal/hood? Did you do them yourself or had a non-mb shop replace them? Make sure the caliper pins (and everything else) are put back correctly. Last place to think about is the SBC pump. If you are able to stop fine and it's just the "crunchy" noise, then it's probably something that wasn't replace correctly. - I hope you/indy shop knew to disconnect the SBC & batttery before working on the brakes.

After reading your initial post again, i think you should check out the wheel bearing. See if it needs tightening or replacement. search on the W211 forums - there is alot on there.