Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is wrong with "Search and Send" ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
What is wrong with "Search and Send" ???

Anyone else having issues with Search and Send? I tried to send an address to my vehicle in mid-Dec using Google Maps (something I have done at least ten times since buying the vehicle new in April with no issue) and received an error message after pressing send of:

"Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page."

I placed a call to MB via TeleAid once I got in the vehicle and was told vaguely that the service would be unavailable until sometime in 2010. They offered to send me route guidance via TeleAid at no charge, but I would like to know why I can no longer use Search and Send, which was working fine up until sometime last month as far as I can tell.

I will definitely NOT renew my TeleAid subscription as the Search and Send was the only feature I actually found useful as a benefit of having TeleAid. Without it, MB can kiss the $250 annual fee goodbye when it comes time to renew in April, assuming Search and Send isn't fixed.

Any insight from someone "in the know" would be appreciated.

FYI - I have tried to locate anything online via research. The "Help Page" mentioned in the error message says to refer to www.searchandsend.com ... when I go there, I get taken to a page about mbrace and all I could find on Search and Send was at this link, which mentions nothing about it not working for over a month now:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/mbra...dDestinations/

I did find a post from a user saying the switch to mbrace is what caused the issue below:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...2cc93b81&hl=en

agree this is frustrating and dont know why A) owners werent notified (I have never heard of mbrace until researching this issue) and B) known issues werent clearly laid out.

Not impressed with MB since being a new owner ... see my other recent post about my first experience with Service for my schedule Service "A".

Love the car- the rest of MB sucks IMO
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Jaguar FT-R
You are correct; Search & Send no longer functions with Tele Aid. MBUSA now works with Hughes Mbrace and Search & Send only works with Mbrace. I posted that a few days ago when I found out the same way. MBUSA did not notify us and they say legal issues prevented them from doing so. Tele Aid tells me that they have substituted POI download where the phone rep downloads the POI to your NAVI. I haven't tried it yet. I am also very disturbed by the MBUSA approach to this whole thing and would consider it reason enough to not purchase another MB.
Larry
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by Franman
I will definitely NOT renew my TeleAid subscription as the Search and Send was the only feature I actually found useful as a benefit of having TeleAid. Without it, MB can kiss the $250 annual fee goodbye when it comes time to renew in April, assuming Search and Send isn't fixed.
+1
Old 01-13-2010, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
MB decided to respond to my email request on their site asking why this was no longer working, here is their response:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Search & Send is a service offered by Mercedes-Benz, its approved Telematics service provider, and Google Maps. This service is no longer available through TeleAid, however, you can still receive Point of Interest downloads from an operator through your Tele Aid service.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Maria C.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC"