Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Tech Help w208 climate & BAS/ESP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB Tech Help w208 climate & BAS/ESP

My climate control stopped working this morning ( no air blowing heat or cold) , it shows the numbers and I can hear the motors in the back adjusting to heat/cold. Everything looks fine display wise. Also at the same time. My BAS/ESP/Anti-Lock Display is on my display screen.
This is what I've done to try to resolve the BAS/ESP:
1) Checked the battery (has good charge)
2) Replaced the Stop Lamp switch today
3) Checked every single fuse ( all are good )
4) Disconnected the battery, tried to reset the BAS/ESP, climate, windows, sunroof, etc....
5) Plugged an OBD2 scanner and no codes
6) Last year or a year before, I switched out the voltage regulator on the alternator which should still be good. OEM part. Same with brake pads and sensors.

Last night my interior lights stopped working but found out I had a broken wire
on the bulb on top of the ciggarette lighter. Two grey wires were falling of the electrical tape previous owner tampered with? but fixed that and lights are working again.

Hoping it's not a major repair. Please let me know if I should try something or if you know what the problem is.

Thank you,
Billy

edit: this is on a 1999 CLK430

Last edited by BilOutkast; 03-30-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43, 1999
I had a similar problem and could not figure out how to fix it and no one else could either, but I did finally fix it. It turned out to be the pins on the ABS/ESP computer that apply the voltage to the ABS unit had pushed down into the box and were not making contact. So they pulled the pins back up and it made the connection again-problem fixed.

Jeff