Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where I can find a service manual/book for a 406D van from year 1975?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 308D and 406D vans
where I can find a service manual/book for a 406D van from year 1975?

Where I can find a service manual/book for a 406D van from year 1975?

If someone has one in paper copy, I'd be grateful for a scan. Or maybe I can download it somewhere? Or has anyone seen a paper book that I can search for on eBay/Amazon?

The van is something like this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_T_2

Currently I mainly search urgently for instructions how to disassemble are reassemble the brake enclosure in the front wheel, and what are the specific screws for.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Did you try google?

This was about the 4th hit:

http://www.pdfqueen.com/pdf/me/mercedes-406d-manual/
Old 04-27-2010, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 308D and 406D vans
Yes, I did and I even was on that pdfqueen site, but all you get there is another search engine with list of PDFs which happen to have the words "mercedes" "manual" and "406d" in them, none of them being a Mercedes 406D manual. At the top of the page there are also "sponsored links" among which is something like "mercedes 406d manual [TRUSTED DOWNLOAD]", when you click there, you end up on a page where they ask you for a paid subscription to a site, for about 25 EUR. The whole site looks quite dubious, and there is a possibility that that "mercedes 406d manual [TRUSTED DOWNLOAD]" that I would get access to after paying 25 EUR is either some random PDF which happen to have these words in it - I will not risk 25 EUR to buy a cat in the bag.

I would rather buy this from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=140400552493
but what bothers me is that "O309 D" in the name, which might be that the manual is actually for some older type of van.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Yeah, I see what you mean although here (US) membership is only $5 or about 4 euro.

The one on eBay might have some useful information as most Mercedes models evolve with parts of older models being reused if adequate. But it's a gamble. Maybe worth taking if you are in a hurry.

It is possible here in the US to sign up for a one day membership for WIS which is Mercedes online maintenance system. You can study your system and download any pertinent docs. Someone posted a while back that there is something like that in Europe as well but I don't have any info.

Good luck hope you get it worked out.