Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring diagram for ECU on a 98 E430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E430
Need wiring diagram for ECU on a 98 E430

Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram to a 98 E430 (W210) ECU????
Old 04-02-2003, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Yes, what for?
Old 04-03-2003, 03:07 AM

98 E430
a project for connecting a piggy-back fuel/ign system.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
They asked me for the same. Is it available for the E55?

The piggy back is a module that allows a laptop to make real time changes to parameters that affect the engine and performance, i'm still wondering if it will make a nice difference in performance.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:37 PM

98 E430
This is were you will gain all the HP that was potentially lacking to what ever modification you made to the car. I had a '91 RX-7 Turbo. I had everything upgraded. The car was fast, but it was still lacking. I than changed out my Rx-7 stock ECU with a Motec(Stand Alone Fuel/Ign management) system, and it was night and day difference.

I am only going with a piggy-back system because I'm not going to fully build my benz, but enough to the benz to require more/better fuel and ignition management. Supercharger is in mind, and with a piggy-back system I'm going with, I can control additional fuel injector(s) if required.

I will give you an example. Let just say you got a good breathing intake system. Hi-flow Filter, port/polish intake manifold/ port match heads. You will create a lean condition, if the stock ECU program is unable to compensate for this, it might go in to a limp(safe) mode, by allowing you to modify the signal of the ECU, you are able to trick the ECU to thinking of something completely different.

It's almost like purchasing a "chip". Only difference is that you or a tuner are able to make changes in real time, instead of having your chip reprogrammed to what they think your car needs.