Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bi-Xenon Headlight adj?? MBTech208 Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 Sport
Bi-Xenon Headlight adj?? MBTech208 Help

MBTech208/ Dave or anyone else. I have a 2003 E500 Sport with Bi-Xenon headlight. My lights need adjustment. I see the adjustment areas and see a dual adjustment i.e, an outer ring and an inter screw head. Both go clockwise and counter-clockwise. I assume the outer ring is for left and right adj and the inter screw head is for up and down adj.???

My two questions are: 1) are my assumptions correct? and 2) what do the counter and clockwise direction adj, e.g., does counter clockwise on the outer ring adj left or right and does Counter clockwise on the screw adj up or down? Thanks in advance. Mark
Old 04-04-2003, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 Sport
After some "trial and error" I now know the center screw head controls up and down headlight movement, i.e., counter clockwise raised the Bi-Xenon Up and clockwise lowers the beam down. Moving the outter ring counter clockwise or clockwinse appears to have the same effect as the screw head.... very hard to discribe. Maybe is changing an aperture or beam focus of some sort?? I really don't know. What I can't find is a left/right adjustment or a Hi-Beam adjustment. Help!. I also replaced my H7 Hi-Beam "factory OEM" bulb with a PIAA XtremeWhite/XTRA H7 (H-218). My Hi-Beams now look like the Bi-Xenon beam. I also ordered the PIAA part number 19172 168 wedge bulb. It's a replacement for the park/stand light that's in with the Hi-Beam light socket and it's also an XtremeWhite which should better match the "blue tint" of the Xenon vs. the dull yellow the factory OEM bulb emits. Mark